Sunday, February 6, 2011

2011 Running plans

I'm a bit late getting around to posting this. I finished up 2010 with higher mileage in December than any other month which boosted my confidence to sign up for an early season 100 miler, the Coyote Two Moon. I signed up on Christmas Day as a present (we'll see?) to myself and promptly earned bonus minutes for being the only person crazy enough to sign up on Christmas. Having a 100 miler in March will require some high mileage in January and February. At this point I am trying to keep my schedule free from races in August and September to maximize the opportunity to do some adventure runs (think complete Wonderland trail) during the snow free time in the high country.

I finished off December running in Arizona. My in-laws live adjacent to the Peralta Trailhead into the Superstition Wilderness east of Phoenix and I love running there in the winter. The trails are not well maintained once you get a few miles from the trail head, so you have to be willing to endure some torture from nasty desert plant life ripping your legs to shreds, but it is worth it for the scenery. This year the weather was sunny and in the 60s and the views are endless as you can see in the pictures below.



No comments:

Post a Comment